Monday, July 4, 2011

Baby You're a Firework.....

yeah like that isn't the most popular blog post title for today! But I still love it anyway.
Just thought I'd drop in and share how I'm doing the FOURTH thrifty and fun!
We're partying with Hubby's fam today, as we do every year, since it's also Bro numbero 3's birthday. This year I volunteered to bring a salad and a dessert-easy peasy!

For dessert I will be makin' these yummy little morsels!



I took advantage of the great sale at Acme this week on pillsbury brownie mix, matched it up with a coupon and..BAM free brownies. I also have a bag of melting chocolates hanging around and they just so happen to be BLUE.

                                                       
Next I'm making a pasta salad....i LUV pasta salad. But I'm totally AB-normal when it comes to pasta salad...I HATE creamy pasta salads. We don't even OWN mayo in this house. YUK. When I make mine it's a vinegar-y, Parmesan-y mess of dressing and it's FABULOUS. I could eat pasta salad every day, ALL summer like this. Here's a very BASIC and CHEAP recipe:
1lb Pasta (anything but loooong pasta)
1-2 tomatoes, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 cucumber,diced
1/4 to 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 White Balsamic Vinegar (more or less depending on your tastes!)
1/2 cup Mozzarella  Cheese
Oregano
Basil
garlic salt
ground pepper
and of COURSE lots of PARMESAN CHEESE
It's SUPER basic. But It's good. Hubby at two bowls as a snack the other night. 'nuff said.

You could absolutely change out the vinegar for another type, but it will change the flavor a bit.
I estimate this dish, with using products purchased on the cheap-no coupons, would probably cost around $3 for the whole thing. I think that's an OVER estimation, but it's still REAL cheap.

and now for some fabulous FOURTH inspired photos...
                                                                      source
                                                                             source

And a HUGE thank you to all those 
who give so much to keep our country safe & free
so I can do stupid things like blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment